I could tell you how many steps make up the streets rising like stairways, and of the degree of the arcades' curves, and what kind of zinc scales cover the roofs; but I already know this would be the same as telling you nothing. The city does not consist of this, but of relationships between the measurements of its space and the events of its past...A description of Zaira as it is today should contain all Zaira's past. -Italo Calvino, Invisible Cities

Monday, May 09, 2005

Background

Well I really won't start at the very beginning. I am currently happily ensconced as a Workplace Anthropologist at Pitney Bowes in the Advanced Concepts and Technology division in Shelton, Connecticut.


I have a PhD in anthropology from Arizona State University. Through graduate school, I worked at the Archaeological Research Institute in Tempe, Arizona. They also host ArchNet, a very cool compendium site for archaeology.

Some other places I've worked:

Strategic Intelligence Group of Fort Worth,Texas (my hometown).
InContext Enterprises of Concord, Massachusetts (yes, I have moved around...addresses have also included Philadelphia and York, England, and that does not include times I've spent in the field).

Some stuff I wrote while at InContext:

What's an archaeologist doing at a design firm?

Innovation or Market Research?

Using Video in Paper Prototypes: Reaping the benefits of paper prototyping when the product includes multimedia

I have been actively involved in the American Anthropological Association for many years, and am currently on the board of the National Association of Practicing Anthropologists (NAPA).